To qualify you should have:
• a PhD in International Business or International Management (or be close to finishing)
• a demonstrated ability (or clear potential) to publish in international journals (for tenure track positions, these should be top-tier journals)
• proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• good interpersonal skills and ability to work individually and with a team
• organizational qualities and excellent communication skills; and
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects (for tenure track positions.
Tenure track Assistant Professor positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision in the sixth year. Formal tenure track requirements include criteria with respect to research prominence, teaching and external fund raising activities. During this period, 50 per cent of the position is for research and 50 per cent is for teaching activities (teaching typically involves taking on a number of tutorial groups in two or three courses (each of 7 weeks), along with bachelor- and/or master thesis supervision). We refer the applicants to the criteria for the Tenure Track system (for a complete description see: https://www.rug.nl/feb/organization/work-with-us/job-opprtunities/
Non-tenure track Lecturer positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions with a contract lasting up to five years, conditional upon a positive evaluation after the first year. Teaching and research time allocations are fixed for the first three years at 70% and 30%, respectively.