Can you model the future to ensure sustainable food production and a clean living environment?
Wageningen University & Research is a knowledge institute that provides insight into the capacity of our planet on the one hand, and human actions on the other. For this we make use of and develop, among others, policy analysis, future studies, chain and consumer research, evaluations and monitoring systems, based upon our data, models and knowledge.
Wageningen Economic Research (WEcR) is the independent and internationally leading socio-economic research institute as part of Wageningen University & Research (WUR). We offer governments and companies (socio-) economic insights and integral advice for sound policies and better decision-making in an innovative and creative way. We have been an authority in sustainable agriculture & food, balanced nutrition, lifestyle and the living environment for decades.
We are currently looking for a (Senior) Researcher Agri-Food Business Informatics to join our rapidly growing Data Science, Information Management & Project Management Organisation (DIO) expertise group. We are looking for a researcher that is highly motivated to improve the sustainability of food production systems by analysing, designing and improving information management solutions to support public and private policy makers. Depending on your expertise you will focus on complex data or information management issues within the agri-food business domain and how modern ICT concepts such as Internet of Things, Data Warehousing, Big Data Analytics or Blockchain Technology can solve those issues.Your job
- you analyze complex information management and ICT issues from a business and supply chain perspective in relation to societal needs;
- you are able to develop new concepts for solutions for our internal and external customers;
- you manage information management projects;
- you work closely with data and architecture specialists within DIO and with domain specialists within WEcR and WUR;
- you work with the WUR-wide Wageningen Data Competence Center (WDCC) which aims to fulfil a leading position in cross-domain data processing. (DIO is the natural partner for the WDCC);
- you work in close interaction with national and international external stakeholders: farmers, food companies, public bodies, NGOs, ICT companies and other relevant partners.