Would you like to contribute to the development and realization of the Bachelor's and Master's programs offered by the Department of Biomedical Engineering? Are you able to work effectively in a complex and fast-changing environment? And can you translate ideas about educational innovation into results? If so, you can help to shape our educational programs and to ensure that they are put into practice optimally.Eindhoven University of Technology
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy and Mobility. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.Biomedical Engineering
The department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program as well as Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Chemical Biology, Regenerative Engineering & Materials to Biomedical Imaging & Modelling. The department has more than 1100 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.Job description
The Head of Education & Student Affairs (ESA) reports to the Dean of the Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) for departmental matters and to the Director of ESA-TU/e for TU/e matters in scope of Bachelor College, Graduate School and TU/e-ESA Policy. This vacancy is open due to internal promotion.
As Head of ESA at BME, you are responsible for providing support in the areas of administrative and logistic services to keep them compliant with applicable regulations and standards of quality, harvesting required data for assessments of BME`s curricula and education performance. You are part of the Educational Board of the Department of BME and also member of the TU/e ESA organization and community. Together with the Director of ESA and your fellow leaders of ESA in the other departments, you are responsible for improving the educational support processes at TU/e. As such you are responsible for connecting and supporting the policymaking processes at departmental and institutional level.Tasks and responsibilities
As Head of ESA, you are the first point of contact for educational support in the BME department.
- You are responsible for the organizational aspects of all educational programs in the Graduate Program(s), in consultation with the Graduate Program Director;
- You manage the team of education support staff of the department (coordinator, teacher support, quality assurance, academic advisors and secretary) and are the operational manager for the staff of the student administration (which fall under the ESA service). In addition you are responsible for the guest lecturers within the department;
- You are part of the Educational Board of the BME Department and of the managers ESA (MESA);
- You are responsible for the composition and quality of the BSc education:
- for the BME BSc education, working together with and under the responsibility of the BSc Program Director;
- for the BME MSc education, working together with and under the responsibility of the Program Director of the graduate program;
- for the organizational aspects of the BSc education, such as timetables, educational programming, quality assurance and content of the education, in consultation with our scientific staff.
- You act as sparring partner for the Program Directors (Bachelor School [BSc] & Graduate School) within the Department BME and advise the department board, department council, education council and exam committee on organization related education subjects;
- You handle the coordination of the intro and the program for new Master's and Pre Master's students;
- You handle the coordination and legal aspects of communication and contacts relating to the educational programs with industry;
- You are responsible for educational policy within the department, e.g. assessment policy, internationalization, year reports, accreditation and together with the quality assurance officer you are responsible for the educational regulations;
- You will be managing a TU/e-ESA process chain;
- You participate in teaching courses and coordinate projects in BME`s curriculum.
As Head of ESA at BME you are dealing with interactions and requirements of the department on one hand and university-wide requirements on the other, you need to connect with the department as well as with TU/e-ESA. Thus you will take responsibilities in both areas of interest and will report to the dean of the department and to the director of TU/e-ESA. To support this link up, you are for 0.1 fte a week dedicated to TU/e-ESA tasks that will be executed under the responsibility of Director ESA.