Suppose you came up with a unique invention or innovation. Of course, you don’t want someone else to run off with it. You may need to protect it to ensure commercial control over it. But how do you protect your invention? Do you need to patent before publishing; how does that work in an academic environment? What are the benefits of patenting for researchers and their faculty? Which support and funding is available for patenting your innovation? These and related topics will be covered in the webinar on December 16 2021.
Please note that the webinar is open to researchers, PhD's and employees of Amsterdam UMC, UvA, HvA, VU, NWO Institutes and KNAW.
What can you expect?
During this webinar you will learn:
- what Intellectual Property (IP) and what a patent is;
- how to use it and how you can benefit from a patent;
- who can file for a patent and how;
- what you can do with a patent;
- what is and what is not patentable;
- overview of the patenting process and how IXA can support you along the way.
Program Thursday 16 December 2021:
09:55-10:00 Starting the zoom link and welcome
Participation is free of charge. Registration is required. A zoom link will be send after registration.