The Department of Mathematics & Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) comprises the Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science domains.
Due to the growth of M&CS a vacancy has arisen for two secretaries (official job description is Management Office assistant) for both 0.6 fte - 0,8fte at the department secretariat.
As secretary, you will perform the following duties:
- You will be part of the M&CS department secretariat and provide secretarial support to the chairs of the appointment committees (BAC), being meticulous and able to keep a cool head during times of pressure.
- You are a champion in getting meetings organized with both internal as external invites even if it is hard to find room in everyone's calendar.
- You provide process, administrative, hospitality services and/or organizational support to staff.
- You schedule and prepare various meetings, prepare papers and take minutes at various meetings (English language used) for example for the Department Council.
- You provide secretarial support to the chairs of the appointment and promotion committees (BAC), for this you also have regular contact with HR advise and recruitment. You take care of agenda management, organization of the meetings and administrative processing of the so called BAC's, making sure everyone has the right documents at the right time, archiving and file creation. You contact the IFC secretaries to take minute of the BAC meetings but if needed, you take the minutes of the BAC meetings. You follow up action points.
- You support in the practical organization of introduction meetings for new employees, make room reservations, sending out invites, organize catering.
- In close cooperation with the colleagues of the management secretariat you provide support for the departmental bureau but specifically the adjunct director and BAC chair. You prepare, organize and report on meetings as well as monitoring and following up on action points.
- You welcome domestic and foreign visitors, arranging lunches, workplace and hotel accommodation if needed.
- You support the adjunct director in practical project administration (taking minutes, arranging meetings).
- HR and chairs of the BAC for logistical and practical support for (future) employees and guests with questions about the process of the BAC, overview of the meetings and dates and which information to provide project meetings administration, room reservations, etc.
- You are the contact person for finance, human resources, the department Council, PDO and facility services.