You have a thorough knowledge of Dutch and European funded research projects and you are well acquainted with the international and national funding landscape. You have an academic training and preferably a PhD. You have extensive and hands-on experience in the development of complex international grant applications. You have at least 10 years of grant writing/advice experience, and have been in the lead of developing proposals for at least 5 years. In-depth knowledge of Dutch (NWA, KIC, Zwaartekracht) funding schemes is a must.
In your work, you are:
- a self-starter that shows initiative;
- service-oriented, and an efficient communicator;
- a real team player and able to establish and maintain interpersonal relations;
- a mentor to team members;
- an excellent writer with advanced editing skills in both English and Dutch;
- able to prioritize and focus on results;
- flexible, with good organizational skills; and
- able to handle multiple projects at once on a tight deadline.
The appointment is a temporary appointment, starting with a one year contract. After the first year, we can offer an indefinite contract, with a temporary finance clause. Positions have been foreseen up to 2031.