Research in all disciplines involves data or source files. A safe and compliant management of these data and source files requires efficient solutions for data collection, storage and sharing internally and externally. To help with those challenges RDM team at TU/e is looking for an experienced data manager.
The Data Manager will provide hands-on, expert support for all aspects of data management for the research groups and projects at the TU/e, and in particular for the department of Mathematics and Computer Science to fulfill the researchers' actual needs in managing (and sharing) their research data.
The Data Manager will provide support in:
- Setting up workflows for responsible data management for a research project,
- Providing protocols for and helping with combining, cleaning, formatting, versioning of data sets,
- Uploading, transporting and safe guarding data,
- Getting data ready for publishing,
- Making data accessible in a protected environment for student and publications,
- Managing and sharing confidential information (restricted access to data)
- Uploading algorithms and software,
- Software versioning,
- Identifying and collecting publicly available data sets.
S/he will also pay particular attention to how data is structured to allow for analysis for both researchers in and outside the project or group in question. S/he will have experience, or be willing to learn how to use programming skills.
In addition, s/he will also help develop a sustainability plan for Data Managers at the university. The Data Manager will operate as a part of a team of data managers and data stewards.
The Data Manager will be part of (and report to the head of) the Research Data Management team at Data Management and Library service department. However, s/he will be seconded to the Mathematics and Computer Department based research projects.