Are you interested in participatory greening and health? Do you want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team involved in investigating how greening the living environment can stimulate contact with and use of the urban green infrastructure by especially more vulnerable citizens? And how that might improve their health and well-being and at the same time reduce socioeconomic health disparities?
The Chair-group Health and Society (HSO) coordinates the ZonMw-project "PARTIGAN: participatory greening of Arnhem en Nijmegen". This three year project is executed by a consortium of renowned research organisations (Wageningen University & Research, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Radboud University), the cities of Arnhem and Nijmegen, nature, landscape and societal organisations, citizens with low SES and green citizen initiatives. Within the consortium, there is expertise in the fields of nature-health interactions, participation of citizens with low SES, landscape architecture, health promotion, diversity and participatory action research. The project is carried out in Arnhem en Nijmegen, two cities that are already working on citizen participation and on incorporating the green environment in health and environmental policies. Activities of the 3 year Postdoc position include (1) Assess use and appreciation of parks in Arnhem and Nijmegen (2) Sharing and analyzing experiences of citizen initiatives in Arnhem and Nijmegen on greening (3) Redesigning and greening of neighbourhoods and monitoring health and wellbeing of the citizens.
The post-doc will work closely together with the coordination team and the consortium. Tasks include:
- Design of the monitoring and evaluation tools
- Data collection through mixed methods
- Analysis of data, data integration and reporting of the data
- Further development of the project's theoretical rationale
- Participation in consortium meetings and conferences;
- Internal and external project communication through reports, scientific publications, newsletters and conference contributions
- Participation in HSO-education through supervision of Bachelor and Master thesis students and providing lectures, both related to the PARTIGAN project