You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offer or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The Programme Manager has overall responsibility for the daily management and logistics of one or several Master of Science (MSc) programmes, but will also lead strategic and process improvement projects within a programme or spanning more than one programme. The Programme Manager reports to the Executive Director MSc Programmes and works closely with three other current MSc programme managers, a programme assistant, and student assistants. The Programme Manager liaises with a number of other units, such as the Examination Board, the Examination Administration, the student advisers, the International Office, Career Services, the Recruitment and Admissions Office and the Resource Department, and has frequent contact with teaching staff and students.
Your main tasks:
· The design and implementation of the year plan for your programme(s);
· Correct and timely registration of students in programmes, courses and exams;
· The implementation of elements of the quality control cycle, such as course evaluations;
· Liaising with Academic Director(s) to provide an optimal support structure for the respective programme(s);
· Being the principle point of contact for students for logistical and organisational issues;
· Liaising with departmental colleagues on relevant issues (Examination Board, International Office, Admissions, Career Centre, etc.);
· Organisation of programme-related events such as introductory activities for new students and study trips;
· Advice on, initiation and implementation of process improvements and updating existing process documentation;
· Contributing to marketing and recruitment activities;
· Organising for an enjoyable study experience for master students.
· Higher education degree, preferably university (WO), at least university of applied science (HBO)
· Excellent command of English (minimum CEFR level C1, speaking and writing);
· Advanced command of Dutch (minimum CEFR level B1);
· Excellent communication skills;
· Affinity with administrative processes, databases, and analytic IT tools;
· High level of accuracy;
· Ability to handle multiple processes and projects in parallel;
· Optimistic and strong problem-solving attitude;
· Ability to work independently and take initiative;
· Ability to liaise effectively and efficiently with stakeholders (i.e. students, academic director, instructors, team colleagues, RSM and Erasmus University colleagues);
· Customer-friendly attitude;
· Ability to cope with demanding students;
· Ideally: two years of relevant work experience in a similar role in international higher education.
· Analytical capacity
· Planning and organising
· Stress resistance
The conditions of employment comply with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). We offer a contract of 30.4-38.0 hours per week, initially for 1 year.
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,465 (scale 8 CAO NU) gross per month and up to a maximum of € 4,084 gross per month (scale 10 CAO NU), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours per week.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam