You have excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of courses, in particular in the fields of (Corporate) Finance, Banking, Econometrics and Introductory Statistics. Moreover, you
You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
You have excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of courses, in particular in the fields of (Corporate) Finance, Banking, Econometrics and Introductory Statistics. Moreover, you are involved in the supervision of bachelor and master theses.
You also have the ability to conduct original research and publish in high-ranked international journals. You have a track record of high-quality internationally recognized academic research in the field of Corporate Finance and Banking. The scope of your research can be broad and may include topics such as capital structure, dividend policy, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financing and investment, capital markets and financial institutions, banking, financial intermediation, bank regulation, disclosure policies, etcetera.
University of Groningen
To qualify, you should have:
• a PhD in Finance or Economics
• teaching experience, preferably in Finance
• proven interest and/or ability in developing and creating courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, and in mentoring students
• a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or the willingness to obtain this qualification
• a promising and relevant research record
• excellent writing skills
• proficiency in statistical packages (especially STATA)
• a strong interest in publishing in top tier economics journals
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects; and a social, positive and dedicated attitude.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 60 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,637 gross per month to a maximum of € 4,978 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full time position
- 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full time employment
- an appointment for a period of five years with 50% research time.
We expect you to start by August/September 2020
Faculty of Economics and Business
The University of Groningen (UG), founded in 1614, has a strong focus on research. We are in the top 100 of several influential university ranking lists. The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) is one of the largest faculties with approximately 7,000 students. It has an international reputation and is AACSB and EQUIS accredited. We are passionate about research and offer research driven education within four Bachelor programs, fifteen Master programs, and three Executive Master programs. Many of these programs belong to the top 3 in the Netherlands. Please visit the FEB website http://www.rug.nl/feb for more information about the Faculty, its teaching programs and its research.
The Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance is an active and international research community, performing at the highest international level in terms of research and publications. Central research themes are among other things: (applied and theoretical) econometrics, corporate finance, asset pricing, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, development finance, banking, insurance, health, ageing and pensions, macroeconomics, behavioral and experimental economics, and industrial organization.
The Faculty is responsible for courses in several bachelor, master and PhD programs in Economics, Business Economics, Finance, and Econometrics.
We are seeking a highly motivated full-time Assistant Professor in either Corporate Finance or Banking.