You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
In September 2009, Maastricht University started a satellite campus in Venlo. Now, the campus has grown into a full fletched academic environment offering several educational bachelor and masters programs and multidisciplinary research within the Brightlands campus Greenport Venlo. Both education as well as the multidisciplinary research overarches a multidisciplinary approach to Business, Health, Nutrition, Psychology, Biology and Agriculture. It is the ambition of Maastricht University to further strengthen its engagement on the Venlo campus; therefore, we are hiring a director of studies / programme director bachelor education.
We are searching for a talented and motivated candidate with a solid background in one of the four Venlo focus areas, Business, Health & Nutrition, Psychology or Biology/Agriculture, to join our team as a programme director for bachelor studies. The initial focus of the appointment will be on the day-to-day educational management and realignment of the Maastricht University bachelor programme in Venlo, the University College Venlo. Currently there are 100 Maastricht University bachelor students in Venlo and this number is expected to rapidly increase over the coming year. With the growth of the educational activities in Venlo, the director may also become involved in the development of new educational programs as well as facilitating synergy between existing bachelor and master programs. The position will become part of the educational management team of the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
The candidate should have a strong educational track record in a relevant area of expertise of the Venlo campus (Business, Health & Nutrition, Psychology and Biology/Agriculture), including prior experience in educational management, accreditation and programme development, preferably in an international setting. The candidate needs to have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, since this is the main focus area of this position. In addition to educational management, the candidate will be responsible for developing and teaching courses, skills and projects for bachelor students. The candidate will also have the opportunity to supervise bachelor thesis students in their research endeavours. The expectation is that the educational management position will be 0.4 to 0.5 fte. The remainder of the time will focus on research and educational activities. Candidates with a multidisciplinary interest and willingness to cross boundaries between disciplines are especially encouraged to apply. The director of studies is expected to become an active part of our Venlo academic community, advising students, mentoring staff, organizing activities, building a scientific network for our students and staff to explore and establishing contacts with other faculties within Maastricht, the Netherlands and across the world.
· A PhD in a relevant academic field
· An excellent track record, which reflects a strong commitment to Education and Research.
· Essential experience with educational management at the university bachelor level.
· Good familiarity with small scale open curriculum teaching in an international setting would be considered an asset when applying.
· An excellent command of the English language and the ability to flourish well in an international setting and rapidly developing environment.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
· An appointment as an associate professor position 1,0 fte. Appointments at a different level are considered, depending on qualifications.
· A temporary contract as associate professor with agreed specific goals. Depending on your track record and/or meeting the goals set out in the work contract, you will get a permanent contract.
· €5039-6738 gross p/m (salary scale 13 or 14 depending on experience)
· An international academic environment and student community.
· The charming city of Venlo and an excellent research environment at the Brightlands Greenport Campus Venlo, with strong embedding in the Maastricht University system.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 18,000 students and 4,300 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Maastricht University (UM)
Nassaustraat 36, 5911 BV, Venlo
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: