You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The Communications Officer is part of the Development (Marketing & Communications) team. This team is responsible for marketing, recruitment and information provisioning to prospective students, communications with scholars, media and other stakeholders, and it maintains relations with alumni.
You will identify relevant topics, coordinate and produce internal and external news items, brief background articles, and video material. You will arrange interviews with scholars on research topics and develop these interviews into content that can be readily understood and presented to the general public. You have a clear picture of how you can reach the desired internal and external target groups through a variety of channels, including social media and search engines, and you will incorporate this when planning content.
You will work closely with the Academic Communications manager when producing and coordinating news items and content intended for corporate and research communication. Next to that, you will also work directly with the web team consisting of student-assistants.
- Write and edit news articles for social media and website
- Edit texts produced by scientists
- Produce content for newsletters
- Inhouse translation into English
- Manage social media planning together with student-assistants
- Write and edit messages from the Faculty Board
- Produce marketing video’s and text
· Completed university-level or university of applied sciences-level education, preferably in the field of communications or journalism
· A good command of Dutch and English, both verbal and written. A command of English preferably at C2 level. C1 level is a minimum requirement for this position
· Experience with working in a communication, content marketing or journalism job role
· Experience and knowledge in the use of social media, social media advertising, content management and online analytics
· Experience with Drupal
· Knowledge of SEO and its impact on content marketing and search results
· Experience in working with senior scientists in producing and aligning content
· Creative, good organisational skills, and customer-oriented
· You have affinity with the subject of law, legal studies and with research in this subject area
Fixed-term contract: 1 year.
· A challenging job with great colleagues
· A competitive salary, maximum scale 10 (max € 4274.00)
· A temporary contract for 1 year with an option for extension
· Scope for personal development and an opportunity to contribute your ideas and input
· The attractive benefits package includes an end of year bonus of 8.3%, holiday allowance of 8%, extensive leave facilities for a healthy work/life balance, a good pension fund and an excellent collective insurance package.
· Staff are also entitled to use various facilities, such as sport facilities and library
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is an internationally oriented university with a pronounced social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work to solve global and social challenges, inspired by the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Rotterdam. Our academic education is intensive, active, and applied. Our research is increasingly taking place in multidisciplinary teams, which are highly intertwined with international networks. With our research impact and study quality, Erasmus University Rotterdam is highly ranked and can compete with leading European universities. Important values for Erasmus University Rotterdam are being daring, curious, socially involved, deliberate and aspiring to success.
Erasmus School of Law employs 490 members of staff and is attended by around 5000 students. Erasmus School of Law offers bachelor programmes in Law, Tax Law and Criminology, with a focus on active academic learning. Students can subsequently choose from a wide variety of master programmes. Erasmus School of Law also collaborates in Double Degree programmes combining law and (business) economics or law and business administration and is one of the founders of the European Master in Law & Economics. Once students have completed their master’s degree, they may choose from several postgraduate tracks provided by Erasmus School of Law (in collaboration with Erasmus Academy and others).
The fundamental premise underlying academic research conducted at Erasmus School of Law is that law cannot be considered in splendid isolation or as an end in itself. It is embedded in an economic and social context that shapes law. At the same time, law itself shapes society and defines economic relationships. In line with this vision, our mission is to conduct innovative research on the function of law in its economic and social context. This research has a strong social and business-driven orientation. Erasmus School of Law is committed to promoting international and interdisciplinary research, as shown by its participation in several international research collaborations.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam