Fixed-term contract: 84 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• as Assistant professor: a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 up to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (scale 11 or 12, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
• as Associate professor: a salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, from € 5,039 up to a maximum of € 6,738 gross per month (scale 13 or 14) for a full-time position
• as a Full professor: a salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, from € 5,582 up to a maximum of € 8,127 gross per month (scale H2) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• a mentor program and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
• a full-time position as Assistant Professor, Associate or Full Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system, please see the University of Groningen Career Paths in Science
• the possibility to work part-time (0,9 FTE or 0,8 FTE).
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. If you are hired on the level of Associate Professor, your position will be tenured from the onset.
4 to 7 years after being appointed as Associate Professor you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en