This project is a collaboration of:
- The research group of Dr. Marloes Henckens, assistant professor at the department of Cognitive Neuroscience (CNS) of the Radboudumc, focusing on the neural correlates of differential susceptibility to stress-related disorders, with a specific interest in PTSD.
- The research group of Dr. Johannes Gräff, assistant professor at the Mind Brain Institute of the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), focusing on the epigenetic mechanisms involved in learning, memory and memory loss.
The project is embedded in the unique and excellent infrastructure of the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviou
r, a world-class research centre devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of cognition and behaviour in health and disease. It is a highly dynamic institute with a collaborative atmosphere and particular interest into translational research. For further information, please, visit the following websites: Radboud University Nijmegen
, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Department of Cognitive Neuroscience. Research into stress and stress-related disorders is an important focus area at Radboud university medical center. Researchers working on this theme jointly organize regular discussion meetings and lectures to promote integration of research conducted within molecular, cellular, systems, behavioural, and clinical neurosciences across campus. Part of the project will be conducted at the Laboratory of Neuroepigenetics
of the Brain Mind Institute of the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
(a highly interdisciplinary premier research institute embedded within the Faculty of Life Sciences
At the moment there are more than 1,300 PhD candidates at our medical hospital. This number includes PhD candidates on our pay roll as well as external candidates (those employed somewhere else but researching on our premises).
- Radboud Institute for Health Sciences: ± 700
- Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences: ± 400
- Donders Center for Medical Neurosciences: ± 200
Read what it is like to do a PhD at the Radboud University Medical Center.Radboudumc
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy
Read more about what it means to work at
Radboudumc and how you can do your part.