You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
To strengthen the project office of the Viroscience department, we are looking for an project manager. As project manager you take the lead in the management support of the department's research projects. The department's current research project portfolio consists of more than 100 subsidy projects, like EU H2020, ZonMw, CEPI, NIH, NWO, TKI and STW projects, in which Viroscience acts as coordinator, work package leader, cooperating partner or single partner. Together with the leading scientist you aim to manage the (complex) research project as successful and efficiently as possible. Your activities include but are not limited to planning, reporting (agenda, minutes, notes, reports, deliverables), monitoring budget and compliance, coordinating contractual procedures and amendments, communication with the consortium partners on all other procedural, administrative, legal and financial aspects. You will contribute to the management of several research projects of the department.
Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam)
- You have preferably 1 - 3 years of experience with project management of national and European grants for innovative R&D projects in the Life Sciences.
- You have at least hbo/university level of work and thinking and you have an excellent command of the English language in speech and writing.
- You are goal-oriented, organized, proactive, reliable and flexible and able to work under deadline pressure.
- You are a team player in collaboration with the other project managers, researchers, support staff and other organizations, but you are able to work independently as well.
- You are capable of quickly translating complex information to an audience of non-experts, whether it is scientific, legal or administrative.
- You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You take pleasure in being highly organized and in successfully implementing activities in a central but supportive role.
- Experience in or knowing how science works is preferred.
Conditions of employment
The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 4.615,- (scale 10), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
The department of Viroscience brings together world-leading scientists in the fields of molecular virology, immunology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, and intervention studies on human and animal virus infections. The mission of the department is to transfer (education, training and information), translate (patient care) and expand (research) knowledge on viruses. The department maintains extensive collaboration with other departments and institutions, nationally as well as internationally. You will work within the project office of the department, situated among the lab facilities and you will support its more than 100 researchers engaged in a state-of-the-art research. The small team of dedicated grant officers, project managers and supporting staff monitors relevant grant opportunities and develops project ideas into complete funding proposals in collaboration with researchers and collaborating partners. The project office is managed by the Unit head Research and reports directly to the Department Head. The project office works intensively with financial officers of the Thema Diagnostiek and Advies, the legal officers at the Technology Transfer Office, and colleagues at the Research Development Office.