You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 25 Mar 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the international business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Consistently ranked among Europe’s top business schools, with a world-leading research facility and backed by 50 years of experience in business and management education, the School has a track record of delivering real impact when helping people and organisations to perform at their best.
Today, RSM offers a broad portfolio of Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA and Executive Education programmes, and is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 European business schools. The School educates around 6,700 bachelor and master students, 450 MBA students and nearly 2,200 executives every year.
The School is now looking to appoint a Full Professor in Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence to join the Business Information Management (BIM) section in the department of Technology and Operations Management.
The BIM section has a large, young, and highly international faculty (16 full-time research-active tenure-track faculty members, 10 full-time and part-time lecturers) educated at renowned institutions in Europe, Asia, and the USA. The BIM section runs a US-style PhD programme and includes 12 PhD candidates. In the past five years, our PhD candidates have accepted faculty positions at top business schools all around the world including Copenhagen Business School, George Washington University, IE Business School, Northwestern University, and MIT Center for Information Systems Research.
BIM is the founding member of the Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics (ECDA), it is also leading a number of ECDA practices, and has developed extensive collaborations with many industry partners. BIM has access to its Erasmus Data Collaboratory as well as to excellent research facilities such as the Erasmus Behavioural Lab and several high-performance computing resources through the SURFsara foundation. All BIM faculty members are supported by the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) helps faculty to organise and attend conferences, assist with journal submissions, outbound and inbound research visits, and access to databases.
The successful candidate will have:
· A PhD in information systems, computer science, management science, statistics, economics, management, or related fields;
· Strong commitment to high-quality research and evidence of your ability to lead research projects and to publish in top journals;
· Strong academic research linked to real-world problems to create impact both to the academic community and the business community (e.g., societal impact on themes such as: energy, health, work & labour, port & maritime);
· Research that complements ongoing work in the department, particularly on the design and impact of artificial intelligence (AI);
· Demonstrated ability to acquire external research support grants;
· Excellence in teaching and experience in educational programme development, and the ability to play a key role in the department’s academic programmes at bachelor, master, and PhD levels, and in post-experience MBA, Executive MBA and executive education programmes;
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at https://www.eur.nl/en/working/our-employer-vision/employment-conditions
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). https://www.universiteitenvannederland.nl/files/documenten/CAO/2021/CLA_Universities_Netherlands_2021_2022.pdf
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: