As staff member Student Affairs/Internationalisation you will take care of the (incoming students within the) Faculty’s exchange programme. You will do so in collaboration with the colleague in charge of outbound exchange students and will be supported by the secretary of the Int
You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 26 Jun 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
As staff member Student Affairs/Internationalisation you will take care of the (incoming students within the) Faculty’s exchange programme. You will do so in collaboration with the colleague in charge of outbound exchange students and will be supported by the secretary of the International Office. You will be responsible for advising the incoming students with regard to their stay at the Faculty of Law in Groningen and with regard to the courses they will participate in. You organise introduction meetings for this group and support the group of students actively before, during and after their stay in Groningen, among others by offering bi-weekly walk-in office hours and administering all necessary Erasmus+ scholarship papers. In addition you will, together with the Exchange Officer for outbound students, maintain contacts with all the Faculty’s partner universities, and to make sure that a sufficient number of exchange places are available at several partner universities, both existing and new partner universities. Within the University of Groningen, you will also cooperate with fellow-Exchange Officers.
University of Groningen
In addition to basic competences as capacity to learn, cooperating, accuracy, planning and organising, environment orientation, networking skills and result orientation, we are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- a fully completed degree/research university degree, preferably a law degree
- excellent intercultural awareness, preferably demonstrable through previous employment
- excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English, both orally and written (both C1 level)
- experience in process coordination and excellent planning skills
- an enterprising, flexible and collegial (work) attitude
- the ability to work independently, result oriented and accurately
- ample knowledge of automated data files/word processing.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 12 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a minimum salary of € 2,710 and a maximum salary of € 3,619 (salary scale 8) gross a month on a full-time basis in accordance with your education and experience
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
- an initial period of 1 year with a possibility for tenure after a positive evaluation and a stable economic situation for the Faculty.
Date of employment is as soon as possible
The Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen is a modern, internationally oriented institution, which builds on a longstanding tradition of almost four centuries. The Faculty continues to innovate its education constantly to be able to train broadly oriented and skilled lawyers. Its research is for a large part transcending areas of law and multidisciplinary. The Faculty is a mid-size UG faculty, with more than 5,000 students and almost 500 staff members. The Faculty of Law is located in the city centre of Groningen.
Due to the upcoming retirement of one of the current Exchange Officers, the Faculty of Law is looking for a new Incoming Exchange Officer; this Exchange Officer will deal with the tasks and organisation with regard to the Faculty’s incoming exchange students. The staff member will be part of the Faculty’s International Office, which is part of the Office for Student Affairs (OSA/’DOS’). OSA is responsible for organising the Faculty’s education, for preparing Faculty policy for the Faculty Board with regard to education and for supporting students.