Summary of Position
The Student Life Director (SLD) will have five principal responsibilities:
- managing all aspects related to student housing - tasks range from maintaining and expanding our partnerships with local housing providers, to serving as the liaison between the students and the housing providers, coordinating the student placement process, and overseeing the accurate (financial) administration of all agreements, contracts, and invoices;
- ensuring the Amsterdam Study Center's compliance with CIEE's health, safety, and security (HSS) policies - tasks range from handling the correct reporting and management of all on-site HSS incidents, to serving as the lead health, safety, and security officer, compiling and maintaining HSS data, designing HSS intervention and remediation policies, and administering CIEE's Emergency Notification System;
- overseeing CIEE Amsterdam's students' immigration and enrollment status - tasks chiefly involve liaising with UvA and VU Student Services offices, the Dutch government's Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), and the municipality of Amsterdam to ensure that students are enrolled at the UvA/VU on a timely basis, are in compliance with IND rules pertaining to their lawful stay in the Netherlands, and meet any and all further obligations placed on them by the municipality of Amsterdam;
- designing and coordinating CIEE Amsterdam's (semester) orientation programs - tasks range from drafting the orientation program, to staff allocation, and making all of the necessary arrangements with partners and vendors (all while working and staying within the allocated budget).
- managing the student services team: ensure that the student life team meets its goals in the development and oversight of student services, including visas, pre-departure orientation, on-site orientation and activities, implementation of CIEE HSS protocols and procedures.
- overseeing finances and budget related to the facilities and student housing management.
In addition to carrying out these six key tasks, the SLD will also contribute in a supporting capacity to the organization and coordination of CIEE Amsterdam's semester, summer, and short-term programs' activities, day trips, and overnight excursions. Depending on the program in question, some weekend work may be required.
The Student Life Director will have responsibility for the management of CIEE Amsterdam Study Center's Student Life Division. Although the position is administrative in nature (i.e. it will involve a great deal of office work), as the right hand to the Center Director, there is plenty of room for program development and staff management.
This position is ideally suited for candidates who are skilled, experienced, and detail-oriented administrators, organizational masterminds who thrive on complexity, and who show a strong interest in working in the field of international education (the latter is truly non-negotiable!).
Given that the SLD will be asked to manage critical incidents and handle secure/sensitive information, candidates must be able to perform well under pressure, and be emotionally resilient.