Do you want to contribute to a more transparent and sustainable food sector in Europe? Do you want to further your academic career in business science? We offer a Postdoc vacancy for an ambitious and high-potential academic who seeks to understand how (agrifood-) supply chain networks can achieve greater transparency via digital innovations, enhancing the world's Sustainable Development Goals.
Business Management & Organisation (BMO) group of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is excited to kick-off a new Horizon Europe project called TITAN comprising 27 partners, in which WUR serves as consortium partner. We contribute to 3 workpackages.
The objective of TITAN is to provide an extensive platform for the development of a wide range of innovations that aid transparency and address key challenges identified in the European Green Deal.
The TITAN project has a strong multidisciplinary character. The 4-year project comprises a mix of technology providers and research centres linked to agri-food actors and businesses through an interactive co-creation approach. Participants are from the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, UK, Greece, Portugal, Norway, Finland, Poland and Switzerland. The TITAN innovations will deliver transparency solutions in the areas of food safety and authenticity, traceability, health and sustainability and improving information to the consumer.
Within TITAN, Wageningen University & Research is responsible for Work Package 2 (WP2), dealing with the management of stakeholder digital transparency interests in EU food supply chain networks.
You will carry out a share of the WP2 work. More specifically, your work includes the following tasks:
- develop a conceptualization and a fitting research design;
- collect empirical data using different qualitative methods (e.g. interviews, focus group discussions) and analyse the data
- identify primary and secondary stakeholder relationships and digital transparency potentials in food supply chain network structures;
- evaluate the stakeholders and develop norm strategies;
- design a new supply chain network organization framework;