We find it easy to be proud of the extraordinary people we have at Eindhoven University, especially at the department of Mathematics & Computer Science. We invite you to join our enthusiastic Education Student Affairs team as Teamlead for 1fte.
As a team we are responsible for all support of all education (both Bachelor's and Master's) of the department. Behind the scenes, it provides a well-coordinated curriculum, study schedule, evaluation and improvement of subjects, organization and coordination of education and, of course, academic advising.
In this position you will be part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS). The ESA team is responsible for support of all education (both Bachelor's and Master's) of the department. Behind the scenes, it provides a well-coordinated curriculum, study schedule, evaluation and improvement of subjects, organization and coordination of education and, of course, academic advising.
The Team Lead of the Center for Academic Advising M&CS reports to the Manager ESA of M&CS.Job description
As a team leader you will fulfil the following tasks, among others:
- Supporting team development of a team of nine academic advisors;
- Draft a multi-annual capacity and development plan for your team, including recruitment, onboarding, and training of staff;
- Advising program management on the programming of student guidance;
- Reporting on trends in student guidance, in example causes for study delay;
- Participating in the university-wide committee on the strategy and vision of student guidance, part of the Student Guidance Chain;
- Be an active member of the ESA M&CS management team, together with fellow team leaders and Manager ESA M&CS.
As academic advisors, you and your team will fulfil the following tasks, among others:
- Advising students based on single intervention on study attitude, pace of study, planning and tackling study problems, personal problems and, if necessary, ensuring referral to other professionals;
- Monitoring the study progress of both bachelor's and master's students;
- Informing students about study-related matters;
- Advising on binding study advice for first-year students;
- Advising the program directors and the examination committee on requests from students and incorporating these in process and policy advice;
- Advising the program directors on the scope and application of relevant regulations and upcoming changes to them;
- Participating in university-wide consultation structures and working groups regarding student guidance, policy, organization and educational innovation.