Designers and engineers at the Faculty of Engineering Technology of the University of Twente envision a world in which technological innovations are developed with one single purpose: to serve humanity. A world in which technology, design and engineering drive change in ways that benefit society, people and our planet. Long term effects for human wellbeing and working on societal challenges steer our work. We are looking for a versatile academic at the assistant professor level who can independently develop and advance a research line that will support the future of the field and who is an inspirational teacher in the industrial design engineering program.In this position you will set out research lines on evaluation and validation of interventions and methods in the area of design for behaviour change for health & wellbeing. Understanding what happens over time, at different levels, as behaviour change technologies are brought to people's hands is necessary to advance the field
. Questions to work on could be (but are not limited to): How can we evaluate long term behaviour change within a community for different types of interventions? How can we improve interventions by combining different levels of influence (individual, family, environment)?
The person fulfilling this assistant professor position will have the opportunity to work with a PhD candidate on a fully funded position.
We invite inspiring, enthusiastic, innovative and entrepreneurial candidates to apply for this position. You are expected to contribute to and take responsibility for research and teaching development in the following ways:
- You work as an independent researcher who can identify academic questions related to (design of) behaviour change interventions and their validation and evaluation.
- You contribute to bridging academic research results and practice of industrial design engineering.
- You have a good track record of publishing research results in high quality international refereed journals and conferences.
- You can build relevant and necessary networks to attract external funding (national science foundation, EU, government and industry)
- You have a record in teaching and (preferably) development of new courses in the area of industrial design engineering, systemic design, social design or biomedical engineering.