The Department of Immunology at Erasmus University Medical Center is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to study the bi-specific reagent-mediated killing of HIV-infected cells in a Health Holland/Erasmus MC TKS-LSH funded project. The goal of this study is to develop strategies to eliminate the HIV latent reservoir in HIV-infected patients using bi-specific reagents. The candidate will work with in vitro models of HIV infection and test different bi-specific reagents targeting T cells and NK cells on the one side and HIV-infected cells on the other.
Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam)
- The candidate should hold a PhD in Immunology or Virology and have a strong background and hands-on experience in the area of immune cell biology and viral infections.
- Experience with T cell and NK cell immunology and HIV immunology background is highly desirable. Experience with BSL-3 work would be an advantage.
- The candidate should also have experience with multicolor flow cytometry, operating flow cytometry instruments, production of virus, and viral infections of cells.
- Candidates are expected to collaborate closely with scientists at the Immunology department, within the Erasmus MC and with commercial collaborators, be highly motivated and have a team spirit.
Conditions of employment
- The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 5.584,- (scale 11), depending on your level of education and relevant experience, based on a full-time working week of 36 hours.
- Excellent fringe benefits, such as a 13th month that is already paid out in November and an individual travel expense package.
- Pension insurance with ABP, we take care of approximately 2/3 of the monthly contributio
- Special benefits, such as an incompany physiotherapist and bicycle repairer. There is also a gym where you can work on your fitness after work.
The Department of Immunology has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that support basic and translational research. Erasmus University Medical Center is one of the largest academic medical centers in Europe providing an outstanding environment for research, education and patient care. Erasmus University Medical Center is located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, an exciting and thriving urban environment. The Position is open from summer of 2022 and is for 3 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Yvonne Mueller, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.