"Creating positive societal impact: the Erasmian way" is central in the strategy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
The Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics
(ECDA) is the central hub around data, digitisation, and artificial intelligence at Erasmus University Rotterdam. The main goal of this expert centre is to prepare society for a data-driven future, hands-on and human-centred, towards a sustainable world. AI and algorithms are increasingly used in various areas in our daily lives and therefor have a huge potential to create social impact.
ECDA brings together academic experts, organisation leaders, public and private partners, and students, to engage in world-class education and research, share meaningful know-how, data analytics, sharing and visualisation tools, and engage in a relevant network of societal and business partners. By bringing together diverse stakeholders in one centre and having a physical space to meet ("the collaboratory"), further collaboration, experimentation and innovation are stimulated. Through its programmes and events ECDA wants to increase data savviness and readiness in public, business and academic domains, and in society as a whole.
- Facilitates hands-on education and training to students and executives.
- Organises exclusive events, challenges, seminars, and summits
- Offers a very energetic and diverse learning community that includes stakeholders from public and private organisations, academia and students
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary research and innovation based on over 25 expert practices (all part of ECDA) on data analytics, digitalisation and AI
- Offers infrastructure for data, analytics, and AI in collaboration with technology partners
- Offers one physical hub "the collaboratory" where the community can come together.
That's why ECDA is looking for a Programme and Event Manager from 1 November 2022.
You will co-ordinate and organise several ECDA educational programmes and events and will be responsible for their optimal performance and quality. You will work with the ECDA team as well as internal and external colleagues and lecturers.
Are you the programme and event manager that wants to ignite progress towards a positive, human centred data and AI driven future? Are you someone who wants to support us in making data a vehicle for necessary sustainable societal changes?Your main tasks
Main tasks include:
- organising and coordinating Executive Education programmes such as Leadership challenges with data analytics and Leadership challenges with data analytics in higher education
- advising on Leadership Challenge schedules in consultation with lecturers, student assistants and the ECDA timetabling team
- preparing course manuals and newsletters, and managing information for the programmes for which you have responsibility on the website and information channels
- organising programme related ECDA events in various venues
- organising and coordinating challenges in which hbo, bachelor and master students work on real-life problems from one of ECDA's partners
- identifying and analysing problem areas in services offered by ECDA, and developing proposals for improvement
- periodically evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of ECDA activities based on evidence and management information, and optimising them with colleagues
- developing processes contributing to the quality of ECDA services and deliverables
- drafting course fees, drafting offers to candidate clients, making proposals for the general budget, and monitoring activities for these proposals
- attending meetings and providing information about the programmes
- supervising event student assistants, in consultation with colleagues
- participating in projects and working groups in ECDA.