Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? The program group Brain and Cognition (Psychology)
of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences is
looking for an assistant professor in the field at the intersection of cognitive (neuro)science and cognitive AI. This position is specifically embedded in a faculty broad theme focusing on the human factor in technology, subsection artificial and human intelligence. Within this subsection one of the questions which fits within the program group Brain and Cognition if, how, when, where and why AI and cognitive processes do overlap or differ.What are you going to do
The vacancy of the Assistant Professor position consists of a package of tasks comprising the following four components: education, research, valorization, and administrative tasks.
More specifically, you will:
- conduct and publish high quality research (45% of the time) aimed at understanding the mechanisms underlying behavior using techniques like deep neural networks (DNNs);
- develop and teach courses and supervise students (max. 55% of the time, depending on management and grant acquisition) in the Bachelor, Master and/or Research Master program of Brain & Cognition, and in particular the Cognitive AI track with a focus on using deep learning;
- actively pursue (inter)national collaboration within and between disciplines;
- attract externally funded research projects;
- contribute to the group by participating in research and teaching committees, like organizing research meetings, being a member of the psychology laboratory committee or instigating teaching intervisions;
- be active in translating your research to a broader audience and the field.
Please note that this position is specifically embedded in a faculty broad theme focusing on the human factor in technology, subsection artificial and human intelligence. It is expected from the candidate to collaborate with other researchers in this domain, both from the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at the UvA, and from other universities.