Contemporary processes of transformation are marked by a convergence of digital, biological and physical innovations that reshape state and society. Think of fundamental transformations in the production and consumption of energy and food, the provision of public safety or health care in new technological contexts. Such processes come with new challenges for governments and their administrative organization, particularly in the field of public service delivery. The public management of sectors and (semi-)public organizations will need to transform as well, to innovate public service delivery, to shape data-driven public sector performance, embed new technologies to serve citizens, and to stimulate professionals' motivation to work for transforming public sector organizations.
We seek a talented new colleague with a background in the broad field of public administration, who has an interest in, or experience with, the study of public management, public sector reforms, and innovations in public service delivery. This position is an exciting opportunity for co-developing and contributing to innovative public administration research. This position aims at generating new understanding of public sector reform and new kinds of public service delivery in a world of multiple transformations, based at a university of technology that puts innovations at the heart of its research and education. Next to developing research in the above-mentioned areas the position has teaching responsibilities in public administration, policy studies and/or (international) public governance in various educational programs of our faculty, including the BSc Management, Society & Technology, BSc Public Governance Across Borders, the MSc Public Administration and the MSc European Studies. Do you wish to be part of an exciting, newly developing department that researches and teaches on public administration, public policy and public governance in transforming societal and technological environments? Join our team and contribute to a significant and balanced impact on public administration research and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will:
- carry out research and publish in the exciting field of innovations in the public sector, within the section of Public Administration
- co-develop new research line that fits with multi-disciplinary (public administration, psychology and communication science) approach to transformations in public sector transformations
- teach in the curriculum of English taught the bachelor and master programs of Public Administration and European Studies. For more information about the education programs, see https://www.utwente.nl/en/pa/ (Public Administration) and https://www.utwente.nl/en/es/ (European Studies)
- expand your network and acquire external research funding
- contribute to our interdisciplinary research domains of resilience, emerging technologies and societal transformations, or health in the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS)
- develop and strengthen expertise in novel research methods