Do you have a passion for recruitment? Are you looking for new experiences within talent attraction, like you have never had before...?
… you might ask yourself what makes this opportunity unique?
Recruiting professors is an experience most recruiters have not had before. Academia is culturally vastly different than industry. The environment offers significant freedom and flexibility. You will have the chance to build up relationships not only with your hiring managers, but also the various departments managing directors and deans. Through your credibility you will become a trusted partner for them, helping and advising them regarding their hiring choices. After all, it is the people that create the culture.
As an experienced recruiter, you'll attract scientific staff from all over the world. You will actively search for qualified academic candidates (assistant, associate, and full professors) on a global scale. Your passion for searching and sourcing passive candidates will contribute to your success. You will be involved in pre-selection and will interview candidates, frequently together with your hiring manager. Additionally, your drive for achievement will help to ensure that your hiring managers are engaged and committed throughout the entire process. You have a very independent role, yet you are supported by your recruitment colleagues. You will be joining a small but connected team, that appreciates the fun factor as well!
The path to a successful hire can be a rather lengthy journey. This means that you have significant time to build up relationships with your candidates, since often the candidate journey is 6+ months. You become not only the trusted partner internally, but also externally with your candidates. What ultimately can start out as a candidate, can also be your potential next hiring manager.
The Talent Attraction team started in March 2019. Eindhoven University of Technology was the first university in the Netherlands to setup a dedicated recruitment team. Since 2019 many other universities in the Netherlands have followed with in-house recruitment. The market for professors globally is competitive, which is part of the driving factor for adding the functional expertise of recruitment to HR. As a member of the Talent Attraction team, you will have the opportunity to further professionalize and expand recruitment within the university.
The Talent Attraction (TA) team currently consists of 5 colleagues (project lead/recruiter, two recruiters for professors, one for professional staff, project coordinator talent attraction). This position will be an addition to the team. Our team currently provides support for 9 departments (Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Built Environment, Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering & Innovation Services, Mathematics and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering) within the university.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
We are looking for a colleague who would like to contribute to a high-quality professional service in a personal culture:
- You have senior recruitment experience;
- You have a passion for searching and sourcing for candidates who are not actively looking for a position;
- You show guts, determination, and patience;
- You have a structured approach;
- You are a team worker;
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in a technical field;
- You have strong verbal and written skills in English (C level), and Dutch is an advantage;
- Preferably you have experience within the context of government institutions or academia.
Conditions of employment
- You will be appointed for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension;
- The salary ranges between € 3.974,00 and € 5.439,00 gross per month (salary scale 11 CAO Dutch Universities), based on a fulltime appointment, education, and experience;
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities (sports opportunities on campus), extra holiday allowance of 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3%
- in December and 41 holidays per year when working 40 hours a week (part-time also possible).
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.More Information and Application
- For more information about the position, please contact Cyndi Long, TA Project Lead via email@example.com or 06-21167031.
- You can respond to this vacancy via our application page. Please also include a letter of motivation.
- For information about terms of employment, click here and please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
- You can respond to this vacancy via the apply now-button on the vacancy website of the Eindhoven University of Eindhoven. Please also include a letter of motivation.
- We look forward to your application. We will screen your application as soon as possible and the vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.