Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding job in a dynamic setting? The department of Psychology of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences is looking for a(n) assistant professor, specifically within the domain of Clinical Psychology.
The Clinical Psychology program is one of the top programs and Europe and ranked #9 in the Qs world ranking of CP programs. We offer undergraduate and graduate courses in Clinical Psychology, and conduct research on a) developing, and testing psychological interventions for mental health patients (with an emphasis and personality pathology and anxiety disorders), b) the etiology and mechanisms underlying disorders (as part of the Experimental Psychopathology research school), and c) clinically relevant individual differences. Other topics of interest include forensic psychology (a master track), attachment and couples dynamics, sleep disorders, and neurobiological/ experimental research into affective disorders and network analyses of psychopathology.What are you going to do
An assistant professor at the Clinical Psychology program of the UvA is a motivated scholar who is actively involved in developing and giving courses (55%), as well as in designing and executing empirical research (45%) in our group.
- You will develop your line of research within the domain of, broadly defined, applied Clinical Psychology (i.e., clinically relevant research, if possible involving patients with mental health problems);
- You will develop and offer courses in both the bachelor- and master curricula;
- You present and publish about your research in international peer-reviewed journals;
- You actively pursue research grants;
- You supervise PhD students;
- You seek exchange of knowledge and research collaborations with professionals in your research domain;
- You contribute to the organization and collaboration within the clinical program specifically, as well as to the wider Psychology department.