Applicants require to hold an MSc degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil, or similar) or applied mathematics. Moreover, the ideal candidate will meet as many of the following requirements as possible:
- Have experience in applied mathematics (network optimization, numeric PDE analysis, probability theory), mathematical engineering (fields like signal/image processing or robotics), and computer science.
- Have experience with damage mechanisms in composite materials.
- Strong experience with programming languages such as Python (and Matlab or Mathematica) where experience with deep learning platforms (e.g. Tensor Flow, PyTorch) is preferable. Basic knowledge of C++ programming is also considered a plus.
- Experience or interest in working with Artificial Intelligence and applying it to civil infrastructures for damage detection.
- Fluent English skills (C1), both written and spoken.
- Ability to function in cooperation with industry and a consortium of PhD and PostDocs.
- Interest in co-supervising MSc projects.