The Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology (CRPH) group is looking for an (inter-)national candidate with a strong affinity for cardiovascular computational modeling and translational research. CRPH is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology (TNW) and embedded in the Translational Physiology cluster of the TechMed Centre. Together with our clinical partners we strive to develop innovative, practical solutions for daily care in close collaboration with the biomedical industry.
We seek an enthusiastic team player who is eager to advance computational modeling in the cardiovascular field with the goal to seek innovative solutions applicable to healthcare. The aim of the current research activity is to realize a novel monitoring device in close collaboration between academia and industry. This research project focuses on developing a cutting edge technology to monitor cardiovascular health and disease, and at testing its validity and applicability.
The research and product development is conducted within a highly multidisciplinary team, involving the CRPH group, the Biomedical Photonic Imaging group and a dedicated industrial partner. In this sense, your position will allow to interact as an indispensable pivot and jointly collaborate with renowned experts with an inspiring variety of scientific, medical, engineering and commercial backgrounds.
As the research activity is highly translational, you will have the opportunity to contribute to all different phases of development of a medical product prototype, and will be critically involved at all stages of its testing, from in vitro to clinical practice.
You will be embedded into a young, enthusiastic and international academic group, with a strong focus on modelling and advanced signal analysis while pursuing a generic ambition to realize clinical applicability as a foremost research outcome.
University of Twente (UT)
The candidate should have a relevant academic background, publications in the field and a PhD in biomedical/electrical engineering or applied physics/mathematics.
- You hold a PhD in a relevant domain
- You have knowledge and experience in cardiovascular computational modeling
- You have a preferential interest or expertise in hemodynamic monitoring and advanced arterial waveform analysis
- Your research interest fits into our clinically driven, translational philosophy
- You are a team player, proactive and result-oriented
- Good spoken and written English
Conditions of employment
- a postdoctoral position for 2 years with a possibility of extension.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.557,- to a maximum of € 4.670,-, depending on experience.
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- full status as a University of Twente employee, including pension and health care benefits.
Furthermore we offer an excellent and stimulating scientific and educational environment with an attractive campus and plenty of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with hardworking colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. On the campus, there are plenty of possibilities for interdisciplinary collaborations.
The starting date is as soon as possible.
The goals of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology
(CRPH) group are to:
- Increase system-based understanding of cardiorespiratory physiology, and thereby
- Improve quality of medical education and patient care, by developing improved diagnostics and guiding of therapy.
Means include biomedical signal processing and modelling of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button before 15 February 2023, and include your curriculum vitae, a list of publications and documentation of your research experience.
For any questions, you are very welcome to contact staff member dr. ir. Libera Fresiello (firstname.lastname@example.org) or department head prof. dr. Dirk W. Donker (email@example.com).