We seek an independent researcher and scholar in the field of Health Technology Assessment/Health Economics.
A scientist who would like to cooperate within research projects and educational programs with engineers, healthcare professionals, epidemiologists, and policy makers aiming to improve healthcare efficiency and sustainability. Do you have a passion for teaching and guiding students and for optimizing our healthcare system? At the University of Twente (UT) we are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant/Associate Professor (UD/UHD) in the section Health Technology and Services Research (HTSR).
You contribute to research (50-60%) and teaching (40-50%) and will be responsible for :
- (co-)teaching and coordinating courses in our Bachelor and Master programs in several educational programs (Health Sciences, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering);
- building our teaching programs and ecosystems (e.g., by contributing to continuous curricula improvement activities);
- supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students;
- carrying out and supporting ambitious research in HTA/health economics, with a genuine interest in multidisciplinary collaboration;
- growing your specific expertise and supporting/writing grant proposals linked to various research themes within the section and faculty.
University of Twente (UT)
- A relevant PhD degree;
- A track record in research and teaching related to HTA/health economics, preferably with specific expertise in a subfield, such as healthcare financing, implementation research, health disparities, business modelling, or value networks;
- In-depth knowledge of and skills in quantitative methodologies such as simulation modelling, scenario analysis, uncertainty analysis, (Bayesian) statistics, economic or econometric analysis;
- High quality research as shown by your publication record in peer-reviewed journals. Evidence of communicating results to a broad audience of non-experts, and examples of their use in actual decision making in healthcare;
- Knowledge of how the Dutch or other modern healthcare systems are organized and financed is an advantage;
- International research experience and experience as a post-doctoral researcher;
- Possession of a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or willing to acquire the latter, and having a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher;
- Experience in acquiring grants will strengthen your application;
- Very good communication and presentation skills, and an excellent command of English, at least at C2 level.
Perhaps you are the candidate we are looking for!
Conditions of employment
We will offer a 1-year contract with a prospect for a permanent position (1.0 FTE). The starting salary, depending on experience, ranges between € 3,974 to € 6,702 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Furthermore, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programmes, etc.).
At HTSR, expertise in (early) HTA/health economics, clinical epidemiology, behavioral research and data science is combined to support decisions on innovation development, evaluation, and implementation. HTSR is part of the Technology, Policy and Society (TPS) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences, a growing multidisciplinary research group exploring how emerging innovations affect our societies, institutions and daily lives, and vice versa. The contributing sections collaborate to craft and evaluate responsible and sustainable solutions for challenges in healthcare and other fields.
You are encouraged to discuss your ideas about this position with prof.dr.ir. H. Koffijberg, chair of the HTSR section: email@example.com.
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and your vision statement on teaching and research, along with the names of two referees before February 13, 2023.