Over the last two years, the Deep Transitions team
, led by Professor Johan Schot, developed a philosophy for investing in multiple-system change: Transformative Investment
(TI). The Deep Transitions Lab, which will drive the momentum behind TI, is our next step. The lab brings together researchers, policy makers and public and private investors who are committed to implementing transformative investment in their organisations.
You will join the team at Utrecht University in the historic city centre, where we work in a hybrid office setting. The team in Utrecht is a dynamic and passionate international group of six academics and professional staff that works together in close collaboration. We care a lot about what we do and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes, always. Other colleagues of TIPC and Deep Transitions are located in the UK, Spain and Estonia. We have short lines of communication to collaborate effectively across projects. A few times a year we organise face-to-face meetings with the entire team, usually in Utrecht, Brighton, or Valencia.
Are you the experienced communications officer who can maximise the impact of the Deep Transitions Lab and accelerate the transition towards sustainability we are looking for? You will be a key player in a dedicated team consisting of researchers and professional staff and will be responsible for developing a communication strategy for the Lab which fits the innovative, action-driven and impact-oriented nature of our work.
As a communications specialist you will be part of our impact-driven, international, interdisciplinary team at the Utrecht University Centre for Global Challenges
(UGlobe). This position consists of two components and can be combined and filled by one person or two persons.
Communications officer (0.4-0.6 FTE)
The communications officer is responsible for proactively managing the external communication channels of the Deep Transitions research project as well as Johan Schot's personal channels. This entails executing the communications strategy, giving inputs for improvement, and developing high-quality and engaging content.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and writing accurate and engaging content for external communications, including blog posts, newsletters, press releases, web copy and social media posts.
- Develop briefings and manage the creative process of developing infographics, videos and web pages in cooperation with third party suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with the Deep Transitions brand guidelines across all materials and channels, as well as alignment with and support of Johan Schot’s personal communications, including social media, presentations, newsletter, research briefs and project material.
Strategic communications specialist (0.4-0.6 FTE)
In this diverse role you will work at the forefront of sustainability transitions research and develop an impact strategy for the Deep Transitions Lab. As strategic communications specialist you actively participate in project work to make the translation between the academic theory and its application in the Lab.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare, manage, provide and advise on strategic communications for the Deep Transitions Lab, including communicating research outputs to external stakeholders and/or translation of scientific findings into policy and practice.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for maximising our visibility and impact among our primary target groups (investors, policy makers, fellow academics and the media) as well as within Utrecht University.
- Liaise with industry partners and researchers, both within Utrecht University and at other institutions and partner organisations such as the Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium (TIPC).