Postdoc epidemiologie 'leefomgeving, leefstijl en cardiometabole ziekten' op het Exposome-NL project (0.8-1.0 fte) Als postdoc draag je bij aan onderzoek naar impact van omgevingsfactoren op gezondheid.
You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 8 Feb 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
As postdoc, you will conduct research within the 'Exposome-NL' project, a prestigious research program funded by a NWO-Gravitation grant. You will investigate the effect of environmental risk factors on health. This project aims to systematically map environmental risk factors in relation with behavior and cardiometabolic health. The project will be conducted in collaboration with Utrecht University, UMC Utrect, UMC Groningen and Leiden University.
About your role
Your research will focus specifically on the role of our living environment and lifestyle factors in relation with cardiometabolic health. You will mainly focus on environmental risk factors that are potentially related with diet or physical activity. You will perform quantitative, longitudinal analyses in nationwide registries or cohorts. Your findings will be published in international peer-reviewed journals and presented at international conferences. In addition, you will contribute to funding applications for the research group and teaching of the department of Epidemiology & Data Science.
We are looking for a candidate fulfilling the following requirements:
- (Almost) finished PhD research in the area of epidemiology, biomedical or health sciences or medicine;
- Experience with epidemiological research;
- Experience with research in longitudinal cohorts or disease registries;
- Interest in research on livings environment, lifestyle or chronic diseases;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent verbal and textual communication in English and preferably also Dutch;
- Very good communicative skills;
- Potential ability to attract research funding.
Conditions of employment
- We offer an initial contract for 12 months that can be extended (after evaluation).
- Salary scale: 10 (€ 3.230 - € 5.088 based on a 36 hour week), depending on qualifications and experience.
- In addition to a good salary, we offer, among other things, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance. Curious about what you will earn? Calculate your net salary here (depending on education level and experience).
- Free and unlimited access to the training offer of our online learning environment GoodHabitz.
- Your pension is accrued at ABP. Amsterdam UMC contributes 70% of this premium.
- We reimburse 75% of your public transport travel costs and also offer a bicycle arrangement.
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website
The position is embedded in the research group 'Lifestyle and chronic disease epidemiology' of the department Epidemiology & Data Science of Amsterdam UMC. The group collaborates closely with the department of general practice and is embedded in the Amsterdam Public Health research institute. You will work under supervision of Prof. Joline Beulens and within the 'Upstream Team'. You can find more information on the websites of the
research group, the upstream team
and Expsome-NL project