As junior lecturer you will be involved in various teaching and organizational activities. You will work together with coordinators, lecturers and other junior lecturers in the VU/UvA joint-degree Master's programme Bioinformatics and Systems Biology. We are specifically looking for candidates who have a strong affinity with all aspects related to the field of Bioinformatics
, including programming, molecular & cell biology, mathematics and statistics, machine learning, workflows, quantitative data analysis, and algorithmics.
You will be encouraged to develop your personal professional academic teaching skills and to build a portfolio to prepare for various career paths. To this end, you will also acquire the "basic teaching qualification" at the university level (UTQ or BKO) and you will have the opportunity to follow relevant teaching modules provided by the Teaching & Learning Center.
The junior lecturer position is placed at the Computer Science department (VU) and is immediately available with a start somewhere in Spring 2023. Your daily supervisor will be dr. Anton Feenstra (VU).Your duties
Jointly with the other members of the teaching organization, you will:
- be actively involved in teaching and course development in the bioinformatics track
- assist in coordination and administrative tasks of the masters' programme
- contribute to the development of academic skills and community-building activities in courses and internships
- help further improve teaching quality in the programme
- contribute to promotional activities of the programme