Are you well organised and a good communicator, and do you enjoy providing support in logistics and communication of project activities and events? Are you interested in themes such as sustainable agriculture, international cooperation and development?
The Learning & Project Support Group of Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
, an institute of Wageningen University & Research, is looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active project officer. The project officer will primarily provide support to the DeSIRA-LIFT project.DeSIRA-LIFT
is a service facility
to the DeSIRA Initiative
of the European Commission (EC). DeSIRA-LIFT has three streams of support activities: Service Area 1
supports DeSIRA research projects through courses, coaching, learning and a Community of Practice. Service Area 2
supports African network organizations (AFAAS, FARA, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF), for example with the co-organisations of events. Service Area 3
supports policy makers (mainly the EC and the African Union) on themes related to sustainable climate-resilient agriculture. DeSIRA-LIFT is implemented by a consortium of European research institutes (CIRAD, COLEAD, ISA, NRI, SLU, WUR), and led by WCDI (WUR).
You will support the project activities and events in the three Service Areas, as well as the project management and coordination of DeSIRA-LIFT. You will be responsible for the logistics of international (online and offline) events (before, during and after the event), manage contracts with third-party service providers to DeSIRA-LIFT, and coordinate and improve program workflow processes such as the recruitment of experts and project documentation. You may also need to support the other project officers in the financial administration and external communication of DeSIRA-LIFT. In this role:
- You have a pro-active and hands-on mentality, and can handle a variety of tasks.
- You have good administrative, organisational and digital skills and are willing to take responsibility in project management tasks and the organisation of online and offline events.
- You give logistical support in before, during and after online and offline events (for example, courses, webinars, conferences)
- You are a good communicator and support the internal and external project communication.
- You take actively part in project meetings and contribute to improving the efficiency of workflows.
- You have an interest in topics related to sustainable agriculture, international development and the Global South.
- You are comfortable working in a research and policy setting in an international context.
You will work closely with the project management team of DeSIRA-LIFT, under guidance of the Project Director. In addition, you will be member of the Learning and Project Support Group team of WCDI.