Fixed-term contract: 18 months.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,974 (scale 11) and a maximum €5,439 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
We offer a tenure track/career track position at the level of Assistant Professor. A career plan to grow from Assistant Professor lv. 2 (profile Universitair Docent 2, salary scale 11) to Assistant Professor lv. 1 (profile Universitair Docent 1, salary scale 12) will be made and formalized in a tailored tenure track/career track agreement. (with specific performance indicators).
The initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months including two months' probation. 15 Months after the starting date, performance will be evaluated. After a successful evaluation permanent employment will be granted.
The starting package will include:
- One PhD student per new permanent staff member.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- good paid parental leave arrangement
- the possibility to work partly from home (hybrid working)
- on campus child daycare, sport facilities, family support programs including: dual career workshops, Dutch language class, tax & insurance workshop (some might have additional costs)
- certain tax benefits (30% ruling) might apply to international candidates
- help and assistance with relocation (international candidates).