To further develop our UT proposition in the field of Digital Society, we are looking for an impact developer. At present, we concentrate, in particular, on the following major topics: Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, notably their applications in society and technology, data-driven solutions for industry and digital security and its relation to societal safety.
In general, we operate in the grey area between digitalization (developing and applying, often advanced, digital technologies) and digital transformations (where those technologies change processes and ways of working). It is in this gray area where impact is often most profound.
In this position, you are working in the Impact Development team of Strategic Business Development and will collaborate closely with the lead researchers of Digital Society Institute, being staff from different UT faculties.
Your main activity is to identify the key stakeholders inside and outside UT, to connect these and to further develop the DSI portfolio of collaborative and lasting programs.
University of Twente (UT)
- You have a MSc/PhD in science, engineering or business administration (technology based), and demonstrable affinity with digitalization and digital transformations.\
- You have experience in setting up PPP research programs, building sustainable partnerships and attracting dedicated funding
- A strong relationship builder who can switch between different layers of the organization. You have experience in building successful public-private partnerships and you can motivate researchers to participate in these multi-disciplinary initiatives. You know how to work in a team of professionals and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- You are responsible, jointly with others, for establishing and putting together sustainable relationships with major industrial partners, governments and networks, including the development of propositions/roadmaps and acquisition of external funding in the area of digitalization and digital transformations sketched above.
- You support, advise, and guide researchers and consortia within the organization, and expand the network of contacts.
- You create, in close collaboration with the lead researchers and management, a vision and future plan for a selection of relevant topics.
- You create support for your plans at all levels and you are closely involved in their implementation and evaluation.
- You have a vision on how to connect the (digitalization) needs of external stakeholders with the expertises and competencies of scientific researchers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in Dutch and in English (*C1), and German is well appreciated.
Conditions of employment
- We offer a challenging position (32-38 hours/week) in an inspiring multidisciplinary and industrial-academic environment, within a university which continuously improves the collaboration with industry and start-ups.
- The successful candidate will be employed for the duration of 1 year (with the prospect of a continuation for another year).
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU).
- The rating will be based on your background and relevant experience and can vary between € 4.814,- and € 6.181,- (scale 12) or between € 5.506,- and € 6.702,- (scale 13) gross per month.
- An 8% holiday allowance, and an 8,3% end of year bonus.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. Full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- You will work in a lively, inspiring, and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence. You will join an ambitious, diverse, and fun team.
- Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid).
The SBD team develops partnerships between the university and its stakeholders with the objective of growing the university's impact. For our impact development activities, we are seeking partnership developers, stakeholder manager, and business developers to strengthen our growing team.
Can you add a new perspective to our team? We are excited to meet you!
For more information please contact G. (Geert) Dewulf, Director SBD (firstname.lastname@example.org), +31 53 489 2581).
A reference check or an assessment can be part of the procedure.