We are looking for two candidates:
- A candidate for the NWO-funded project PersON. The project aims to facilitate shared decision making for personalised care in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of oncological healthcare. For this position the emphasis will be on a decision support system that takes into account safety constraints and patient preferences, and on the explainability of the system's advice. We are aiming to use a combination of machine learning and symbolic knowledge representations.
- A candidate for a project on reinforcement learning for patient-centric decision making in the context of the Dutch national research programme on Hybrid Intelligence (https://hybrid-intelligence-center.nl). The project aims to develop training methods for a symbolically informed Reinforcement Learning agent to learn a strategy that is (i) cooperative with the expert, that (ii) displays behaviour which is coherent from the human point of view, and that (iii) takes into account the often conflicting goals that a medical treatment is expected to satisfy.
Note that this job opening is one of several job openings on the HI page with job openings
. You can apply to more than just this one. If you do so, please inform the Hybrid Intelligence Centre's Project Manager via email of the projects you are applying to.
We aim to create hybrid intelligence for everyone, see also our Diversity Statement
. To do this, we need an inclusive and diverse team of researchers. We especially encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for this job.
Both projects are embedded in a stimulating ecosystem in which collaboration is encouraged, and are in collaboration with prof. Annette ten Teije and prof. Frank van Harmelen in the Learning and Reasoning group (https://lr.cs.vu.nl/
). Project nr. 2 is in close collaboration with dr. Herke van Hoof from the University of Amsterdam.Your duties
- doing high-quality research and publish this research in international conferences and journals
- supervision of bachelor/master projects
- active participation in the Learning and Reasoning group and in the project team