You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 1 Jun 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Are you up for the challenge to engineer the healthcare systems of the future in a high-tech interdisciplinary environment? We offer an exciting opportunity for researchers with a strong vision on how to build sustainable and resilient systems for improving health and wellbeing!
As HSE professor you are embedded in the Health Technology & Services Research group (HTSR). In our research program we assess and optimize the value of innovations in healthcare and in health services, for patients, healthcare professionals and society. We invite the new chair-holder to develop methodological foundations and empirical insights into complex adaptive systems and value networks in health, identifying and implementing improvements in the organization, financing and performance of health systems to strengthen our societal impact.
The HTSR group is part of the TPS department, which includes groups in the philosophy of science and technology, higher education studies, science, technology and policy studies, and environmental and energy systems. We seek to boost our role as 'watch tower' for Grand Challenges and encourage societal groups, innovators and policy actors to innovation through research, education and expertise.
Within the UT, we work closely with the Technical Medical Centre, a leading Innovation Hub equipped with pioneering infrastructure, improving healthcare by personalized technology, and stimulating entrepreneurship.
Our ambitious interdisciplinary research environment and initiatives in the field of citizen science, Big Data, healthcare transformation, and simulation modeling, supports truly cross-disciplinary research.
You will be responsible for building capacity on health systems engineering with the TPS ecosystem, inspiring researchers from adjacent fields to collaborate. You contribute to the mission of the university as people first, high tech university and advance the Twente position within the international HSE field by applying engineering design and analysis principles to complex systems in healthcare.
Through growing own expertise, exploring novel research methods, engaged supervision of BSc, MSc, and PhD students and acquiring funding from national and international sources, you strengthen our health research.
You develop a strong HSE education portfolio, participating in (cross-disciplinary) bachelor and master programmes and formats of continuing and professional education.
Through interactions with health policy makers, innovators, societal groups, and other partners you create impact and contribute to knowledge valorisation.
University of Twente (UT)
- have strong collaborative capabilities, and communication skills, with research experience in a multidisciplinary environment, enjoy team work and team science;
- have developed a research line of international stature, strong publication record and received substantial external funding;
- have knowledge of the organization of modern healthcare systems and of holistic (system-level) approaches to address the challenges they face;
- are active in networks and have experience in working closely with health organisations and government agencies;
- show vision and drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition) to improve sustainability and resilience in health systems;
- possess a passion to teach at all levels and possess a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or are willing to acquire this;
- have an excellent command of English, at least at C2 level.
Conditions of employment
We offer a full-time position as Associate or Full Professor, depending on experience, with a competitive salary and excellent employment conditions!
- excellent research facilities in our TPS department within the BMS school;
- extra's such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development, innovative minds are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.