You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 29 May 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
As part of the strategic program "Personalized eHealth technology", we are looking for a highly motivated assistant professor with expertise in biosensing. The aim of this strategic program is to improve our health care by e-health strategies. Key for this, is the ability to measure the health status of an individual. To be able to monitor chronic diseases or perform early diagnosis, new, innovative biosensors need to be developed enabling the measurement of biomarkers in body fluids over time. In this field you will develop new lines of funded research and contribute to the supervision of PhD students. To make a quick start, you will receive a start-up package for this position, which can be used to hire a PhD student.
Contributing to teaching is part of this position.
For this you will (co-)teach in existing courses that are already given by the BIOS group and be involved in the development of new courses. Furthermore you will supervise BSc and/or MSc students from Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nanotechnology and/or Applied Physics for their final assignment.
This assistant professor position is part of the 'sectorplannen 2', and therefore you will work in close collaboration with colleagues from the integrated circuit design (ICD) and biomedical signals and systems (BSS) group.
University of Twente (UT)
- You hold a PhD degree in a relevant area of research, such as lab on a chip systems, (bio)sensors or micro- and nanofluidic systems.
- You are an enthusiastic and highly motivated researcher, with team spirit and who is not afraid to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- You have a creative mindset and excellent analytical skills.
- You have experience in acquiring external funding and the drive to apply for external projects.
- You possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification or are willing to obtain this, and have the ambition to become a skilled and collegial teacher.
- You possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English (C1 or C2).
Conditions of employment
- We offer a structural position in a very stimulating scientific environment, with a contract for 12-18 months. After positive evaluation, the contract can be converted into a permanent contract.
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU);
- Gross salary between € 3.974,- and € 6.181 per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Between 29 and 41 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Excellent support and facilities for professional and personal development.
- We are also a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
At BIOS, lab on a Chip group we aims to bridge physics, biology and chemistry with the power of Lab on a chip technology. As such we are an interdisciplinary group, part of the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology and Technical Medical Centre.