In this position, you will be part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of the Department of Electrical Engineering. The ESA team is responsible for supporting all education within the department's bachelor and master programs. This includes setting up the curriculum and study schedule, providing quality assurance, educational policy advice, support for educational innovations and organization of education.Job Description
We are looking for a policy officer education to join our ESA team with a focus on the master program Artificial Intelligence & Engineering Systems (AI&ES). This unique program responds to the industrial, societal, and academic need to apply artificial intelligence to solve engineering problems in an integral way. Students follow an exciting, high-quality program. The close collaboration between TU/e and companies in the high-tech Brainport region also warrants a strong connection between education and industrial applications.
The master program AI&ES is offered as a joint co-operation between 7 TU/e departments where the department of Electrical Engineering is in the lead. As a policy advisor education you are the 'spider in the web'. You work closely with the program director, program leader, manager ESA and of course with other team members, e.g. program coordinator, quality assurance officer, the examination committee and program committee. In this position you make a crucial contribution to the management and quality of the program and to the Department of Electrical Engineering. Together with your stakeholders you translate the TU/e's and departmental educational vision into educational policy.
In the capacity of policy officer, you are expected to become an expert and lead projects. You are able to translate complex issues into concrete, executable or pragmatic solutions.
Some specific examples of your core activities are:
- Supporting regular meetings with the project team of AI&ES, manager ESA and program director to identify and analyze current and future topics of relevance for the education of the program and the department.
- A leading managerial role in educational innovation projects at the department, being responsible for the process and the accomplishment of the project goals.
- Annually updating the Program and Examination Regulations (PER) of the program AI&ES.
- Setting up the annual report preparing meeting to evaluate the educational programs together with e.g. the dean of the graduate school.
- Managing the formal accreditation process of the AI&ES program according to the requirements of NVAO for quality and quality assurance.
- Supporting the setup of new programs when relevant and other program, education or student-or lecturer related policy.