We are looking for a Postdoc who will help in an exciting European project. In six years we want to develop an algorithm with AI to predict cardiovascular risks and disease progression in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms
) and/or peripheral arterial diseases
For both vascular diseases, aortic abdominal aneurysms (AAA) and peripheral arterial diseases (PAD), there is no effective medical therapy. The best current management of these diseases consists of aggressive modification of general cardiovascular risk factors such as targeting cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes, next to lifestyle adjustment. A major challenge in current disease management is that to date, it is unclear how progression of vascular diseases and the risk of cardiovascular events are influenced by these risk factors. We cannot predict whose symptoms in PAD patients progress from claudication to rest pain/gangrene. In AAA we cannot predict whose AAA will grow or rupture. There are no means for personalized cardiovascular risk prevention or prediction of cardiocerebrovascular events.
For more information, visit: Amsterdam UMC leads an AI-powered hunt for high-risk vascular patientsThe aim of this project VASCUL-AID
Your tasks will be both scientific and organizational, your main tasks will include
- Is to predict the risk of cardiovascular events and progression of the vascular diseases AAA and PAD to influence the course of disease improving the patient's quality of life and care and assisting clinicians to make better-informed decisions involving the patient;
- We will collect data from existing databases, retrospectively from 6 clinical hospitals in Europe and UK. Validation will be done in prospective patient studies in these 6 clinical hospitals as well;
- To this end, we will deliver a clinically relevant and cost-effective trustworthy AI-driven platform (VASCUL-AID) that integrates multi-source parameters including imaging, proteomic and genomic data as well as life-style patient data from wearables to enable personalized vascular disease management.
- To supervise the datacollection all over Europe and to implement it in the international dataplatform;
- To collaborate with all 14 partners and to identify the deliverables and milestones that need to be reached in the project and to make the reports;
- To identify the risks in the project;
- To implement, test and evaluate the new approaches in the different clinics in Europe;
- You will work on the entire AI- chain and clinical workflow of aortic aneurysm and PAD treatment. You will acquire patients' data, analyse the data and develop the AI prediction algorithm together with the partners of the consortium;
- Special attention is to the ethics, cost-effectiveness and implementation part of AI.