Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a leading international university that educates engineers of the future and pushes the boundaries of science and technology for a better world. An international community of close to 7,000 employees and 13,000 students work and study on the vibrant and inspiring campus.
Within TU/e, the Center for Wireless Technology (CWTe) is coordinating and promoting research activities related to wireless applications, like the next generation of wireless communication (6G) and automotive radar for enabling autonomous driving. In order to strengthen our team, CWTe is looking for a highly organized and proactive person as a Management Assistant with a talent for public relations (PR) matters.
You will provide administrative support to CWTe and play a crucial role in promoting the center's activities and enhancing its public image. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the high-tech industry in the Brainport region.Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day administrative tasks for CWTe, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, processing expenses, and maintaining records.
- Assist with organizing conferences, workshops, and other events, both internally and externally.
- Assist with organizing and taking minutes for CWTe meetings.
- Coordinate and maintain the centre's calendar, ensuring effective time management for the team.
- Handle correspondence, including drafting emails, memos, and reports as required.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to facilitate smooth operations within the center.
- Help the team to schedule and streamline the research proposals generation for researchers.
Public Relations (PR) Responsibilities:
Extension with 0,2 fte to 0,8 fte: BAC secretariate
- Organize and coordinate events to showcase the center's research, innovation, and collaboration efforts, both internally and externally.
- Create compelling content, including the CWTe website, newsletters, news articles, and social media posts in collaboration with the researchers, to highlight CWTe's initiatives and impact to the society and industry.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication and timely dissemination of information.
- Coordinate video and photo shoots to capture key moments and promote the center's activities.
Next to the responsibilities for CWTe, it is possible to extend the workload with 0,2 fte to in total 0,8 fte, by adding tasks as co-coordinator and assistant for the Advisory Committee (BAC), together with our colleague the BAC-secetariate. The BAC-committee advises on intended appointments and promotions for assistant professors, associate professors and full professors.
- Coordinate, organize and schedule the process of BAC-meetings with internal and external partners, including checking if all documents and requirements are ok.
- Arrange meeting rooms and catering.
- Take minutes of BAC meetings in English.