You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 30 Sep 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Are you passionate about facilitating cell and tissue culture work and lab organization, and eager to join a diverse biomedical engineering team of researchers and students? We are searching for a laboratory technician interested in the hands-on support of our Laboratory for Cell & Tissue Engineering, facilitating the various exciting research programs in our department.
We are searching for a laboratory technician to facilitate and support the research in the Laboratory for Cell & Tissue Engineering at the Department of Biomedical Engineering of the Eindhoven University of Technology. Our ideal candidate loves to work in the lab, hands-on, has a supportive, collaborative and positive mindset, is well-organized, and has good communicative and social skills.
The Laboratory for Cell & Tissue Engineering is a shared lab facility within the department with approximately 250 regular users from various scientific backgrounds (ranging from molecular cell biologists to tissue engineers and biomaterial scientists). Common techniques applied in this lab are sterile cell and tissue culture (2D and 3D), co-cultures, biochemical assays, immunohistochemical and -fluorescent stainings, qPCR, western blot, microscopy, etc.
As technician, your main responsibility will be to support the laboratory organization and to facilitate the daily operations, in a very hands-on manner. You will work closely with the labmanager and the rest of the team for this. Your tasks will include: being an expert in cell culturing (2D, 3D, co-cultures, stem cells, iPSC, organoids, lenti virus production- and transductions), maintaining of various stocks in the lab, inventorying and ordering chemicals and lab supplies, quality control (e.g. performing sterility checks, developing standard operating procedures), supporting the training of lab users, and being engaged in the general day-to-day lab business. Effectively, you will act as the right-hand support of the lab manager, be active in the lab on a daily basis, and have regular interactions with the students and researchers who work in the lab.
Our department aims at research and education on the edge between biology and engineering, with a focus on the human body. Examples of our research include the development of tissue regenerative therapies to restore function of damaged tissues for various clinical applications, and immune-engineering strategies in which immune cells are manipulated to induce a self-healing response. The research spans across topics in orthopaedics, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, nervous and other soft connective tissues. High-end research is performed in our shared state-of-the-art laboratories and students are challenged to work in these laboratories.
You will be embedded in the Regenerative Medical Engineering Research Cluster, as well as in the team for lab support, under the direct supervision of the lab manager and the line leader of the lab. You will be in frequent contact with the academic staff, support staff, post-doctoral fellows, PhD candidates and master's and bachelor's students of the various research groups that make use of the Laboratory for Cell & Tissue Engineering. We have a pleasant and supportive working atmosphere, in which we value personal qualities and values.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Training in Laboratory practice, Applied sciences, Life Sciences or equivalent (MLO or HLO level).
- Expert in Cell Culturing - 2D, 3D, co-cultures, stem cells, organoids, lentivirus production- and transduction;
- Affinity with laboratory work and organization thereof.
- Good English communication skills.
- Flexible and independent attitude and hands-on mentality.
- Well-developed common sense.
- A supportive and positive mindset, with good organizational skills.
- Experience in supporting research in an academic setting and/or affinity with practical education is considered a plus.
If you are concerned that you don't meet all the requirements sufficiently, but the job does excite you, then be sure to respond, we would love to look at your profile.
Conditions of employment
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the trainees, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. Besides beautiful architecture, you will find varied workplaces and excellent sports facilities. We also offer you:
- An initial contract at 1.0 fte for one year will be offered, with an outlook to a permanent position
- A monthly gross salary of minimum € 2.693,- to maximum € 3.636,- for a full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (according to scale 7 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition to vacation pay, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment
. Build on your career at TU/e!