At the VU Amsterdam we want the knowledge generated by our research and education to have a social and/or economic impact. As a result, collaboration with external public and private parties often takes place.
, the knowledge transfer and grants office of VU Amsterdam, we support researchers to create impact with their research. Our team identifies grant opportunities, supports researchers to build a business case for a new start-up and introduces them to the right network. If an innovation requires it, we also offer support in IP protection and provide information on further funding opportunities.
Within our team, which is based at the dynamic VU Campus, we are looking for a Programme Manager Public Private Partnerships. Your duties
As a Programme Manager Public Private Partnerships, you will be responsible for building and managing collaborative partnerships between our researchers, companies, other knowledge institutes and societal actors.
In The Netherlands the collaboration between knowledge institutes, companies and societal actors is strongly encouraged and organised and facilitated via e.g. the Topsectoren
which each have their domain specific ‘knowledge & Innovation agenda’. The Topsectoren
offer important networks, the Topconsortia voor Kennis en Innovatie (TKI’s)
, in which our researchers are active and support from a Programme Manager is required in order to utilise the relevant opportunities for collaboration.
- Explore collaboration opportunities for the researchers of VU Amsterdam and thanks to your network and experience, you know how to guide the researchers in the steps towards Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Facilitate external collaboration (PPP) of researchers and support in involving non-academic partners in consortia
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including academics, industry and public partners, and potential funding bodies
- Support the development of complex partnerships, including negotiating collaboration agreements (in close collaboration with our legal officers) and managing project administration and delivery
- Liaise with the management of the faculties and the different relevant institutes concerning the research strategy of the faculty
- Stay up to date with relevant developments in the field of among others the Topsectoren, monitor market trends and developments in the field and identify opportunities for VU Amsterdam to innovate and create social and economic impact.