This postdoc position on Digital Finance is part of DIGITAL, an international Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Industrial Doctoral Network that includes eight prestigious European universities (University of Twente, WU Vienna, HU Berlin, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Babes-Bolyai University, Bern Business School, Kaunas University of Technology, and University of Naples), six industrial partners (Deloitte, Swedbank, Intesa Sanpaolo, Raiffeisen Bank, Cardo AI, and Royalton Partners), three outstanding research centers (ARC Greece, EIT Digital, and Fraunhofer Institute), and the European Central Bank. We are looking for someone with expertise in Finance, who can help strengthening the DIGITAL network links, participate in its individual research projects, and support DIGITAL’s management team and activities.
Currently, Digital Finance does not exist as a standalone research subject area, despite the EU’s key strategic priorities, the urgent needs of industry, and the identification of many research gaps. DIGITAL will establish Digital Finance as a research field and significantly advance the methodologies and business models for Digital Finance through the use of five interconnected and coherent research objectives:
As a postdoctoral researcher at DIGITAL
- Towards a European financial data space. Ensure sufficient data quality to support EU's efforts of building a single digital market for data;
- Artificial intelligence for financial markets. Address deployment issues of complex artificial intelligence models for real-world financial problems;
- Towards explainable and fair AI-generated decisions. Validate the utility of innovative explainable artificial intelligence (XAI) algorithms to financial applications and extend existing frameworks;
- Driving digital innovations with blockchain applications. Design risk management tools concerning the applications of Blockchain technology in Finance, and (5) Sustainability of Digital Finance.
- You will supply to individual research projects carried out at the University of Twente (DIGITAL-related) as well as the European-wide activities;
- You will support the DIGITAL-coordinator and the UT team on administrative tasks of the project;
- You will work together with other researchers at DIGITAL, but closely with the DIGITAL coordinator and the team at the University of Twente;
- You will collaborate closely with the industrial partners of DIGITAL, its Doctoral Candidates, and the project partners;
- You will support the work packages doctoral training, project management, and the coordinator role as main tasks and take on responsibility for ensuring that the research output, financial goals, results, and achievements are met;
You will cooperate and travel internationally.