The position will be placed in a highly interdisciplinary research setting that brings together scientists from a number of disciplines including computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, radiopharmaceutical chemistry and imaging.
As a postdoc in this project, your main task will be to synthesize novel ligands based on selected hit series from several virtual screening campaigns. You will work closely together with research technicians, who will assist with and/or execute the necessary in vitro
binding assays, cell culture and in vivo
experiments, as well as radiolabeling.
As a postdoc on this project you will:
- Synthesize biologically active compounds for the target of interest;
- Carry out structure-activity relationship studies;
- Work closely with our collaborators from both industry and academia;
- Present at meetings, symposia and conferences;
- Be involved in supervision of BSc and MSc students;
- Have the possibility to get experience in radiochemistry with carbon-11 and fluorine-18.