Fixed-term contract: 60 months.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen was the first on the European mainland to introduce a tenure track career policy, twenty years ago, and with significant success. We have attracted great talents that have contributed strongly to the worldwide leading position of our faculty’s ten research institutes. Our career system has helped our staff members to develop highly successful and rewarding academic careers. The latest version of this system, ‘Career Paths in Science and Engineering’, offers:
- diverse career paths with a focus on research, education, or impact
- dynamic career paths, in which staff members can switch focus during their career
- if hired at Tenure Track Assistant Professor level, promotion to Assistant Professor level 1, in combination with a permanent contract, already after 1 - 3 years, provided the relevant criteria are met. Promotion to Associate Professor after 5 years, and promotion to Full Professor after another 5 years if the corresponding criteria are met
- if hired at Associate Professor level, promotion to Full Professor after 5 years if the corresponding criteria are met
- significant freedom for staff members whether and when to apply for promotion.
For more information about Career Paths in Science and Engineering, see: https://www.rug.nl/fse/meet-the-faculty/vacatures/vacatures/careerpaths/. Please consider the career path with a focus on research for the criteria for tenure and for promotion to more senior positions.
As starting conditions, we offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universitiesr a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 4,332 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 6,737 (salary scale 12) gross per month, depending on your career stage for a full-time position as Assistant, or from € 6,002 (salary scale 13) up to a maximum of € 8,025 (salary scale 14) gross per month, depending on your career stage for a full-time position as Associate Professor. Additionally, we offer:
- a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- maternity and parental leave
- the possibility of working part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
- a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us