Fixed-term contract: 48 months.
The University of Groningen offers a gross monthly starting salary of € 2,191 in the first year and increases to € 2,801 in the fourth year of employment for a full-time position (including taxes such as for pension premiums). In addition to the primary salary, the university offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The terms of employment comply with the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). The 10 DSSC positions offered are for four years (48 months), at full-time employment. PhDs will receive a full-time appointment of 1 year with the perspective of extension for another 3 years. The extension depends on the outcome of the PhDs’ evaluation after 9 months from the beginning of their appointment. The evaluation assesses the possibility that the PhD student will successfully complete a thesis within the following 3 years.
Successful applicants are expected to begin their appointment no later than 1 March 2018.
All DSSC PhDs are required to complete a PhD thesis by the end of the employment period. The appointment requires that the PhD employee will devote up to 10% of the time to teaching.
You may apply for this position until 14 July 23h59 / before 15 July 2017, local time, by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below the advertisement on the university website).
Applications should include:
• curriculum vitae, including a list of attended conferences and published papers
• motivation letter
• copy of master’s diploma and copy of transcripts. If the Master's diploma is not available by the closing of the call (15 July 2017), the applicant should include a letter from their Institution/Department confirming that the diploma will be issued no later than 1 September 2017. Failure to deliver the diploma by 1 September 2017 will result in the rejection of the application
• research abstract (max. 400 words) about the match between applicants’ previous experience and activity and the DSSC projects in which the applicants are interested
• TOEFL/IELTS certification of English proficiency
• two reference letters from academic advisors or professional supervisors. Referees can send their letters with the mention DSSC COFUND REFERENCE LETTER to the address: email@example.com
To ascertain the applicants’ qualifications, the selection committee might request additional documents.
We anticipate that Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates will be scheduled in September 2017 and on-campus interviews in October 2017.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.