You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 15 Mar 2018).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Areas of interest: Successful Aging and Community-based health: prevention and intervention in complex societies.
Candidates for the position must have the following qualifications:
- a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a related field;
- evidence of sustained research achievement, reflected in (top-tier) peer-reviewed publications;
- a solid background in current methodological/statistical development;
- recognition by peers in the form of citations, editorships, keynotes, awards, and other distinctions
- genuine interest and preferably experience in performing in an interdisciplinary research environment;
- the ability to obtain and manage research grants/ experience or willingness to participate in research funding efforts;
- has the ability to collaborate with community and societal partners;
- excellence, in teaching students, and a strong and demonstrable commitment to the organization and delivery of teaching, a University Teaching Qualification, or being prepared to meet the requirements.
- experience in assisting and supervising students and PhD students and also being a coach and a role model for all female students, postdocs and associate professors.
- Strong command of English (minimal C2 level).
- Preferable evidence of having successfully held a position of academic leadership.
The candidate is expected:
To meet the criteria in terms of research quality, teaching quality, management responsibilities, proven social impact of the research and have an active role as member of department;
To take an active role as role-model or diversity agent in the university (e.g. by delivering a public lecture; by making the research available for a larger audience; by mentoring other junior women faculty; by incorporating gender as an integral part in the teaching and research programs).
Fixed-term contract: 5 years.
- A gross annual salary commensurate with experience and in accordance with Dutch national standards for the respective level of full professorship;
- The university offers attractive fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment, assistance in finding suitable accommodation, compensation for parental leave, sports facilities;
- Tilburg University offers competitive European salaries, a salary in line with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) Dutch Universities. For researchers coming from outside the Netherlands, the university can apply for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of taxable salary under certain conditions.
Tilburg University is a modern university, specialized in social sciences and humanities and is internationally known for its high standards in education and scientific research as well as its good facilities. The Tilburg University campus offers both quietness and connectivity as it is located in a wooded park, ten minutes away from the city center, main highways, and railways. It is a mid-sized city of 200,000 inhabitants in the South of the Netherlands, in proximity to cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, and London, and Tilburg is thus located at the very heart of Europe.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are important key priorities of the university’s HR policy. Under the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program, Tilburg University offers talented women with a passion for teaching and research a attractive opportunity to design research and courses on important themes at the various Schools. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and will participate in a networking and mentoring program.
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB) is a modern, specialized university. The teaching and research of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences are organized around the themes of Health, Organization, and Relations between State, Citizen, and Society. The Schools inspiring working environment challenges its workers to realize their ambitions; involvement and cooperation are essential to achieve this.
Warandelaan 2, 5037 AB, Tilburg
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: