You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The successful candidate is engaged in research and education in the area of experimental psychopathology and, preferably, has expertise in research of trauma and anxiety related psychopathology and/or related clinically relevant topics. The candidate should have substantial experience in linking science to mental health care and should be a registered therapist. Practical experience should color the teachings of the candidate.
The Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology seeks to further integrate the research and education of Medical psychology and Clinical psychology, by striving to play a substantial and important role in the domain of health and well-being, one of the strategic themes of Tilburg University. Candidates should have the ability to manage collaborative research and education projects, enriched by inter- and multidisciplinary collaborations. The Department has excellent research facilities and a strong and successful research program. Education entails modules at the level of the Bachelor’s (psychology-) program the selective two-year Master’s program in Medical Psychology, and a one-year Clinical Psychology Master’s program. The candidate is expected to be able and willing to accept the responsibility of leading the Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology (Head of Department).
To further strengthen our education and research profile, we seek an applicant with the following qualifications:
- a PhD or equivalent degree in the field of Clinical Psychology;
- evidence of sustained research achievement, reflected in (top-tier) peer-reviewed publications;
- excellence in lecturing students, and a strong and demonstrable commitment to the organization and education, a University Teaching Qualification, or prepared to meet the requirements;
- evidence of having successfully held positions of academic leadership;
- recognition by peers in the form of citations, editorships, keynotes, awards, and other distinctions
- a genuine interest and preferably experience in performing in an interdisciplinary research environment;
- the ability to obtain and manage research grants/experience or willingness to participate in research funding efforts;
- the ability to collaborate with the university community and societal partners;
- experience in assisting and supervising students and PhD candidates; and
- a strong command of English (C2 level).
Tilburg University offers competitive European salaries: a salary in line with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) Dutch Universities in the UFO-profile of professor. It concerns an employment contract for an indefinite period. Employees from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are key priorities of the university’s HR policy.
The university offers attractive fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment, assistance in finding suitable accommodation, compensation for parental leave, and sports facilities.
Tilburg University is a modern university, specialized in social sciences and humanities and is internationally known for its high standards in education and scientific research as well as its good facilities. The Tilburg University campus offers both quietness and connectivity, located in a wooded park, ten minutes from the city center, main highways, and railways. Tilburg is a mid-sized city of 200,000 inhabitants in the south of the Netherlands, in proximity to cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, and London, and Tilburg is thus located at the very heart of Europe.
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB) is a modern, specialized university. The teaching and research of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences are organized around the themes of Health, Organization, and Relations between State, Citizen, and Society. The Schools inspiring working environment challenges its workers to realize their ambitions; involvement and cooperation are essential to achieve this.
Warandelaan 2, 5037 AB, Tilburg
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: